A reception to celebrate Western Australia’s Parks and thank Founding Partners and Supporters of the WA Parks Foundation was held on 22 March 2018 at Government House.
Her Excellency, the Honourable Kerry Sanderson AC, Governor of Western Australia acknowledged and expressed appreciation to the founding partners and presented framed wildflower prints from historic illustrations by Margaret Forrest, wife of Sir John Forrest, to each of the four founding partners: Wesfarmers; Chevron Australia; Fortescue Metals Group Ltd; and Woodside Energy.
Attended by 150 guests, the reception began with a Welcome to Country and talk by Dr. Richard Walley OAM. Other speakers on the evening included:
- Her Excellency, the Honourable Kerry Sanderson AC, Governor of Western Australia
- The Honourable Stephen Dawson MLC, Minister for Environment; Disability Services
- Mr Mark Webb PSM, Director General, Department of Biodiversity, Conservation & Attractions
- Professor Stephen Hopper AC, Professor of Biodiversity, University of Western Australia
The Margaret Forrest prints were accepted by:
- Ms Jo Williams, Community Partnerships Manager, accepting the award on behalf of Mr Rob Scott, Managing Director, Wesfarmers
- Mr Nigel Hearne, Managing Director, Chevron Australia
- Mr Greg Lilleyman Chief Operating Officer, accepting the award on behalf of Ms Elizabeth Gaines, CEO, Fortescue Metals Group
- Mr Michael Abbott, Senior Vice President Corporate & Legal, accepting the award on behalf of Mr Peter Coleman, Managing Director, Woodside
Special acknowledgement was also made of the support of former MD Mr Richard Goyder AO from Wesfarmers and former CEO Mr Nev Power from FMG.
During the evening, guests enjoyed a display of native WA wildlife by Kanyana Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre and a display by Nearer to Nature, a community education group within the WA Parks and Wildlife Service.