9 reasons to go bushwalking
Want a reason to go for a bushwalk this weekend?
We have nine reasons walking in nature is good for you:
- Nature – nature is healing
- Vitamin D – sunshine exposure raises Vitamin D
- Heart Health – improves aerobic capacity
- Stress – endorphins ease stress
- Creativity – walking boosts creativity
- Blood Pressure – walking 3-4 minutes helps lower blood pressure
- Metabolic Health – lowers blood sugar
- Weight – improves body composition
- Bone Health – preserve bone density
Walking outside gets your blood pumping, some fresh air in your lungs and you soak up some sunshine. Studies show that exercising in natural environments can also have positive effects on self-esteem and improve your mood, and the effect is especially noticed in people who suffer from depression and anxiety.
If you want more reasons that walking is good for you, check out: