GO WILD! Connect with nature!
Spring into Parks encourages you to connect with nature for adventure, fun, wellness and learning. It is an ideal opportunity to discover the beauty and wonder of WA’s spectacular natural areas and enjoy the health benefits that come from spending time outside to improve mental health and physical fitness.
Key to connecting people to our parks is being able to provide accessible information on our parks, as well as promoting park attractions and activities. The WA Parks Foundation has created a special program of community-based activities you can view in the spring calendar.
Go wild and get involved with friends and family this springtime by choosing an activity or event that appeals and excites!
How to Spring into Parks
- Discover an event or activity near you with the spring calendar
- Unleash your inner Wilderness Warrior with our Ways to be Wild
- Explore our parks, your way, and share your experiences with #springintoparks
- Enter the Memorable Moments in Nature photo competition for your opportunity to win a top prize. (T’s & Cs apply).
- Connect with us on social media and check out our Feature Facebook Events.
Here are some highlights for 2022
- Beach Meditations at Bathers Beach, Fremantle (Every Sat)
- Fun-filled Family Nature Days at Herdsman Lake Discovery Centre (4/9 & 2/10)
- Discover wildflowers at the Gravity Discovery Centre and Observatory (Sept – Oct)
- Bush Survival Weekend in Dwellingup (9/9-11/9)
- Retreat to Paruna Wildlife Sanctuary at Paruna Wildlife Sanctuary (11/9)
- Explore Tunnels, Falls & Eagle Views at John Forrest National Park (14/9)
- Escape to the Mt Magnet Astro Rocks Fest (16/9-18/9)
- Nature journaling with wildflowers in Kings Park Botanic Gardens (18/9)
- Herdsman Bird Walks at Herdsman Lake Discovery Centre (18/9 & 26/10)
- Have a Night Ramble in Yalgorup National Park (24/9, 1/10 & 5/10)
- Walk on Country at Cape Le Grand National Park with Dabungool (29/9-1/10)
- Walpole Wilderness Bioblitz (1/10 & 2/10)
- Trek the Bibb and BBQ in the Perth Hills (1/10)
- Stargaze the galaxy at the Ballardong Stargazing Experience, Wongan Hills (1/10)
- Yoga in the Cabaret Cave at Yanchep National Park (2/10)
- Kids Hiking Adventure in Kitty’s Gorge, Jarrahdale (2/10)
- Kambarang Cultural Sound Healing Sessions at Herdsman Lake Discovery Centre (7/10)
- Forest Bathing and Enchanting Picnic at Leewin-Naturaliste National Park (15/10)
- Free flag-& Hut-building at Yanchep National Park (16/10)
- Botanicals & Beyond – Spring into Kings Park (16/10)
- Sunset Soiree at John Forrest National Park (22/10)
- Wander around wildflowers in the Darling Ranges (28/10)
- Tour the night sky at Halloween at the Perth Observatory (31/10)
- Go wild at a Wildlife Show at Herdsman Lake Discovery Centre (20/11)
#springintoparks is a WA Parks Foundation initiative and is supported by Lotterywest.