Park Ambassadors exchange news and ideas
The WA Parks Foundation’s Ambassadors are one of the strengths of our organisation. As well as knowledge and expertise, our fifty-two Founding and Park Ambassadors bring to their role a shared love of WA’s parks and reserves.
A recent event hosted at her home by our Chair, the Hon Kerry Sanderson AC CVO brought many of the Ambassadors together, some from far afield, to exchange news and ideas.
In her welcoming address, Mrs Sanderson thanked the Ambassadors for their commitment to the Foundation and their ongoing contribution and interest. She also spoke about some of the Foundation’s recent key achievements.
- introduction of the free Smartreka digital maps series with DBCA and BHP
- a comprehensive Parks Guide on the Foundation’s website (DBCA and Scoop Digital)
- Spring into Parks – an annual campaign by the WA Parks Foundation that encourages people to connect with, protect, value, and visit WA’s parks, and actively participate in a range of community-based activities (supported by Lotterywest)
- WA Parks Foundation’s work with DBCA and others on a Business Plan which is now being implemented by DBCA and leading to the revitalisation of John Forrest, the State’s first national park.
- partnering with government, the private sector and organisations in education programs for school students, fauna conservation projects and the planned rewilding of quokkas in WA’s South West.