National parks and reserves across Western Australia will be showcased in the WA Parks Foundation’s Spring into Parks campaign.
This initiative, now in its fifth year, focuses on the benefits of spending time in nature for improved mental health and wellbeing.
It also promotes WA’s incredible biodiversity, the importance of conserving our magnificent parks and reserves for present and future generations and the cultural significance of these areas.
“The Spring into Parks program the Foundation has put together in partnership with community groups is a special opportunity for people to reset, reboot and recharge,” said the Honourable Kerry Sanderson AC CVO, WA Parks Foundation Chair.
“Spring into Parks celebrates our spectacular wilderness and access to nature through a diverse range of events and activities – from forest bathing to stargazing, hut building to flag making, and nature journaling”, said Mrs Sanderson.
Another element of the program is a Memorable Moments in Nature photo competition launching October 1.
“Magical moments are made when you ‘wander out yonder’. There are hidden corners to find, secret places to explore, unique plants and animals to spot, with always more to discover.”
“It is wonderful to capture a moment in time when the light is just right and the scene is perfect. It becomes a precious memento of an outdoor experience,” said Mrs Sanderson.
Linking with government, tourism and community-based organisations, Spring into Parks has previously featured more than 800 activities, across 200 parks and attractions state-wide.
The 2023 campaign will run from September to November. Visit ourwaparks.org.au for all the details.
Spring into Parks in a way that suits you:
- Discover an event near you with the Spring into Parks calendar.
- Unleash your inner wilderness warrior with Ways to be Wild.
- Step into September with our consciously connect with nature wellness challenge
- Enter the Memorable Moments in Nature photo competition
- Choose a location and find out what’s on with the ultimate Park Guide
- Download your free Smartreka digital map to keep you on track!
- Join our member program to access a range of discounted tours and receive 50% off the annual All Park Pass for free entry to all WA national parks.
Explore our parks, your way, and share your experiences at #springintoparks